Thursday, March 8, 2012

On Losing 5 Pounds

It's been a month since I went "public" with my (hopefully last and final) weight loss attempt so I've been thinking about what's working. 

I want to say,

---somewhat apologetically---
"I know, five pounds isn't much in 4 weeks time, but..."

And then I think:

WAIT!

5 pounds is huge

Even one pound of true fat loss is an amazing accomplishment - think of a pound of butter...


Four sticks of butter! 

I've lost the equivalent of 20 sticks of butter!!! 




Yes, this requires a photo.  I can't help it - I'm a visual person...



Huh. The body is actually pretty effective at storing it!

Wait a minute....

I've got 20 more pounds to go!  And that's just the first goal. 

(Don't worry Warren, I don't think I'll feel the need to buy 20 boxes of butter for that!) 



No comments: