Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Headed South Soon

What gives me more

anxiety

than being

alone

in a car


with a 
toddler



for a 
10 and a half
hour drive?


Leaving

him

behind.


My dad and Braden playing "Eat those toes!"

This weekend I'll be headed south to help my mom and dad for a week or so. 
My dad just had surgery after recently being diagnosed with cancer. 
His prognosis is good but it's going to be a long recovery process. 

(So, if anyone has been wondering about
my faultering weight loss attempts
and how come I can't seem to
 finsish that darn cookbook,
you might be able to see
the connection here.) 

I'm scouring the Internet for ideas on keeping
Braden entertained while I drive alone with him. 
I'll post the best activities I come across tomorrow.

(Hailey has school so she gets to stay home with dad for the week. 
She also has a rabbit expecting bunnies by the time I get back!)

UPDATE: Not headed south afterall.

1 comment:

Stephanie Hardin said...

Cute photos! Does he like putting coins (small objects) through a slot cut in a box or plastic lid? Or pon poms into a pop bottle?