Monday, April 22, 2013

{Day 1} 21 Day No Sugar Challenge

Have you ever wondered how long you could make it without sugar?  I've gone without sugar (including sugar alternatives) before but I think only a couple of different times for about a month each.  Then inevitably a holiday, birthday or vacation comes up and I give in "just a little" and it seems to open a floodgate of cravings and bad habits leading to feeling horrible but the vicious cycle continues!

Back in January I went grain free with my husband Warren and was careful about anything processed and lost 10 pounds but then, you guessed it- first Valentine's Day, then vacation, then birthday....And I got to the point that I couldn't get back on track and I felt like it was the sugar.  Grains are surprisingly not too difficult once I realized how I felt without vs. with them.

(Warren has developed a wheat intolerance so we've made a few dietary changes and have notice an improvement in overall health.  It took me probably over 6 months to come to terms with it, though:  "Healthy Whole Wheat?  How can that be bad?" I have since learned a great deal about food intolerances and discovered a few of my own - and, yes - they are healthy foods, too.)

ANYHOW....Today I began a 21 Day No Sugar Challenge with a few of my family members.   Come along for the ride or just read along each day to see what it's like.

Here is a 14 minute video that sums up much of what I've tried to learn about sugar:

2 comments:

Stephanie Hardin said...

I don't see a video.

Samantha said...

Thanks for letting me know - sorry about that. I think I fixed it but if not you can watch it over on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B56Gpf1f5_A