Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What' Working - CONCLUSION

The bottom line is I don't want a temporary fix. I want what I can live with.

So I'm trying to rewire my brain and get away from the "diet" mentality and the fake food that comes with it. I use to use Truvia or Splenda on a daily basis, then I ran out and decided to use a teaspoon of sugar. When I added it to my food log I was shocked at the minuscule calories I was trying to avoid. One teaspoon of granulated sugar has 15 calories and 1 tablespoon has 45 calories. Seriously? How is that going to help me fit in those 120-calorie cookies that I may want later? Um, I think I can do without the worry and expense!  What's weird is I eat less sugar now that I add a teaspoon here or there.

I'm also eating a banana almost everyday. I use to treat bananas more like, well, a "treat" because I once heard how high in calories they were. (Ya, a whopping one-hundred and ten). Now I eat them almost everyday with a meal or as a snack. Sometimes both. Very filling and satisfying.

Why is it I use to avoid real food that I love like avocados and walnuts when I only end up overeating things like crackers, cookies, or brownies? Oh, I know. I once read if you are dieting and want to lose weight you should avoid those "high calorie foods". Of course, you should avoid scarfing down high calorie treats as well, but I think your body craves more when you aren't getting proper nutrition from fruits and vegetables. At least that's my working theory right now.

If I do eat a cookie or two now I find I have to stop or I know I'll be sick. (What a great place to be! To recognize when I've had enough and actually LISTEN! Not to mention be able to eat cookies while losing weight!)

I promise not every 5 pounds lost will be this long winded!!! 
Oh, and this is my current total: 18 lbs. lost.

No comments: