Sunday, May 13, 2012

12 Reasons I'm Giving Up on Counting Calories

Here are 12 reasons why I think I'm through with counting calories or points on a regular basis:

  1. I feel limited
  2. It feels like a chore
  3. Let's face it, it's boring
  4. It consumes my thoughts
  5. It can take too much time
  6. How accurate is it, anyway?
  7. It feels robotic and counter-intuitive
  8. I start viewing food as good or bad
  9. It becomes quite frustrating if I eat at a restaurant
  10. I get sucked into buying diet-type food because it's advertised as "low-calorie"
  11. It takes away the enjoyment of eating as I obsess about them before or during eating
  12. I don't feel like I should have a "normal" meal and try to make modifications just for me
I'm not giving up,
I'm moving on...


More to come...
Update: This post is all about what's helping me to move on.

No comments: